Challenges and Solutions
For the past decade, the U.S. has been home to a settled population of 11 million undocumented immigrants.
- Low-income population with limited access to jobs offering health insurance. Excluded from federally funded insurance (Medicare, Medicaid).
- Health care access relies heavily on federal provisions for emergency medical treatment (EMTALA) and for safety-net clinics.
- Lack of insurance plus explicit exclusions severely limits access to non-emergency medical services beyond primary care clinics.
- Outcomes data suggest that investment in non-emergency services prevents costly defaults to emergency provisions.
- Ethical and practical uncertainties arise for professionals when policy does not support the delivery of standard medical care.
- Local solutions include investments in coordinating public hospitals and clinics with nonprofit community health centers to provide reliable low-cost care.
- State solutions include use of state-funded Medicaid mechanisms to provide coverage or reimbursement for needed services.
- Federal policies prioritizing deportation add new uncertainties for professionals, organizations, and communities.
What We Do
Crescent AC224VS 24-Inch Chrome Finish Tapered Handle Adjustable Wrench
- Ophelia & Co. Ellington Reversible Quilt Set
- Bungalow pink Hodnett LightWeight Single Comforter
- AmazonBasics 7-Piece Bed-In-A-Bag - Full Queen, Teal Trellis
- Duvets & Down Comforters LINENSPA All-Season White Alternative Quilted Corner
- Elegant Comfort Luxury Best, Softest, Coziest 8-Piece Bed-in-a-Bag Comforter Set
- Lightweight Aluminum Portable 3 ft. Safety Platform and Hybrid Step Ladder
- PS4 PLAYSTATION TEENS BOYS ORIGINAL LICENSED DECORATIVE PILLOW (17.7”x11.8”)
- Wall Decor Unicorn Stuffed Animal Plush Head Kids Room Nursery Girl Gift New
- 4 PC PRINTED PATCHWORK 100% COTTON CLARA REVERSIBLE FLORAL KING QUILT 106x92 NEW
- Dewalt-DW3215PT 10-in 60T Smooth Crosscutting Saw Blade
- Geometric Quilted Bedspread & Pillow Shams Set, Folk Cultural Forms Print
- Issue Brief: Migrants’ Lives, Immigration Policy, and Ethics Work (2018)
- Issue Brief: Creative Labs 51MF0420AA002 A250 2.1 Speaker (2018)
- Issue Brief: Beyond Breaking News: Ways of Seeing Migrants and Their Children (2018)
- Issue Brief: Health Care Access for Undocumented Immigrants under the Trump Administration (updated February 2017)
- Report: Undocumented Immigrants and Access to Health Care in New York City: Identifying Fair, Effective, and Sustainable Local Solutions (2015)
- Issue Brief: Creative Labs Multimedia Inspire T6300 5.1 for Gaming (2014) (Chart: Prenatal Care: State-Level Policy Provisions, Slide Set: Access to Prenatal Care Teaching Tool)
- Report: Undocumented Patients: Undocumented Immigrants & Access to Health Care (2013)
- Issue Brief: Undocumented Immigrants in the United States: U.S. Health Policy and Access to Care (2012)
- State Policy Solutions: The Illness Experience of Undocumented Immigrants With End-stage Renal Disease (JAMA Internal Medicine, 2017)
- Local Policy Solutions: Undocumented Immigrants and Access to Health Care in New York City (2015)
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Cougar Pro by Wright Tool
- Searchable Database: Journal Articles, Reports, and Reporting on Undocumented Immigrants and Health Care Access
- NEW: Resource about Immigrant Health Care: Resources for Teaching and Learning About Immigrant Health Care in Health Professions Education (January 2019)
- Quick Guide to National, State, and County-Level Data and Resources: Creative Sound BlasterX Katana Multi-Channel Gaming SoundBar with RGB Lighting
- Immigrants and Refugees at Risk: Crescent - CRECPTAW8 - X6™ Pass-Thru™ Adjustable Wrench Set 11 Piece
Crescent Adjustable Wrench 15 in. Length 1-7 10 in. Jaw Capacity Single Open End