Challenges and Solutions
For the past decade, the U.S. has been home to a settled population of 11 million undocumented immigrants.
- Low-income population with limited access to jobs offering health insurance. Excluded from federally funded insurance (Medicare, Medicaid).
- Health care access relies heavily on federal provisions for emergency medical treatment (EMTALA) and for safety-net clinics.
- Lack of insurance plus explicit exclusions severely limits access to non-emergency medical services beyond primary care clinics.
- Outcomes data suggest that investment in non-emergency services prevents costly defaults to emergency provisions.
- Ethical and practical uncertainties arise for professionals when policy does not support the delivery of standard medical care.
- Local solutions include investments in coordinating public hospitals and clinics with nonprofit community health centers to provide reliable low-cost care.
- State solutions include use of state-funded Medicaid mechanisms to provide coverage or reimbursement for needed services.
- Federal policies prioritizing deportation add new uncertainties for professionals, organizations, and communities.
What We Do
blueeeemenmuster Aquarell Stil yellow Baumwollmischung Doppelbett Bettwäsche
- Shark ION ROBOT 720 Vacuum with Easy Scheduling Remote (RV720)
- Prairie de Printemps Couette Literie Set Motif Fleur Housse D'Oreiller
- AmazonBasics Microfiber Sheet Set - Cal King, Frosted Lavender
- Queen Sheet Set by Home Reflections 1000 TC Mist
- Issue Brief: Migrants’ Lives, Immigration Policy, and Ethics Work (2018)
- Issue Brief: Bloomingdale's 1872 Ashton 2 King Pillowcases Z101 (2018)
- Issue Brief: Beyond Breaking News: Ways of Seeing Migrants and Their Children (2018)
- Issue Brief: Health Care Access for Undocumented Immigrants under the Trump Administration (updated February 2017)
- Report: Undocumented Immigrants and Access to Health Care in New York City: Identifying Fair, Effective, and Sustainable Local Solutions (2015)
- Issue Brief: Bloomingdale's Sky 500 TC Solid FULL Fitted Sheet & Pillowcases Set GREY I1077 (2014) (Chart: Prenatal Care: State-Level Policy Provisions, Slide Set: Access to Prenatal Care Teaching Tool)
- Report: Undocumented Patients: Undocumented Immigrants & Access to Health Care (2013)
- Issue Brief: Undocumented Immigrants in the United States: U.S. Health Policy and Access to Care (2012)
- State Policy Solutions: The Illness Experience of Undocumented Immigrants With End-stage Renal Disease (JAMA Internal Medicine, 2017)
- Local Policy Solutions: Undocumented Immigrants and Access to Health Care in New York City (2015)
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Thread Count:||601-800||Material:||100% Cotton|
Does not apply
- Searchable Database: Journal Articles, Reports, and Reporting on Undocumented Immigrants and Health Care Access
- NEW: Resource about Immigrant Health Care: Resources for Teaching and Learning About Immigrant Health Care in Health Professions Education (January 2019)
- Quick Guide to National, State, and County-Level Data and Resources: Bloomsbury Mill - Grey & White Stripe Bedding Set - 180TC - King Size Duvet...
- Immigrants and Refugees at Risk: blueeeeE DORMA VERSAILLES KING DUVET QUILT COVER NEW BNIP 100% COTTON SATIN SATEEN
BNIP CATH KIDSTON SPRING BOUQUET SUPER KINGSIZE DUVET COVER & PILLOWCASES